Bryanston Square was built between 1811 and 1821. The houses on the east and west sides were built to a grand design with stuccoed fronts and columns and pediments at each corner and in the centre (the latter now lost).
The square has magnificent old London plane trees set among other flowering trees. Planting includes rhododendron, azalea, camellia, weigela, dogwood, viburnum, mahonia, hydrangea and others.
There is a memorial drinking fountain of 1863 at the south end and an early 19th-century cast-iron water pump in the form of a Doric column at the north end.