George Basevi designed and Thomas Cubitt planted this 4.5 acre Belgravia centrepiece in 1826 to act as a landscape to the square’s grand new houses. Influenced by a Loudon design, the square’s layout remains faithful to its original network of paths and retains some of the original planting in the form of mature planes. A central path curves through pergolas overhung with wisteria and roses. Four summerhouses ('the temples') have been added around the inner path. Other additions include the tennis court, children’s playground and outdoor gym. The garden’s statuary, a collection of modern figurative work, reflects the square’s international nature.