Cadogan Place was the first square to be developed by Henry Holland, together with Sloane Square, from 1777. The South garden of Cadogan Place was once known as the London Botanic Garden. The lawn features mulberry trees which are believed to be some 300 years old and grown originally for the silk trade. On the east side, a walk running the length of the garden has been completed for springtime. Near the tennis courts, black bamboo and willows screen a water garden which is currently undergoing some work. The award-winning Hans Sloane Garden, adapted from a 2003 Chelsea Flower Show design, can be found at the centre of the garden. This celebrates the life of physician and collector Sir Hans Sloane.