Drapers' Hall Garden is part of the original garden bought by the Drapers’ Company from King Henry VIII in 1543. It remained a welcome retreat until Throgmorton Avenue was built in 1874. The Great Garden had to make way for the demands of the commercial City although the upper garden near Drapers’ Hall was retained and renovated. Today's layout dates from 2014 when the company celebrated the 650th anniversary of the 1364 Royal Charter from King Edward III. The garden has five mulberry trees, one of which was planted by Her Majesty the Queen in 1955 and one by HRH The Prince of Wales in 1971.