Postman's Park

Postman's Park
(Photo: Faiqa Syed)
More photos


Citymapper
Citymapper

Journey Planner

This small park in the City of London was formed from the churchyards of St Leonard, Foster Lane and St Botolph, Aldersgate, and the graveyard of Christ Church, Newgate Street. The park derived its name from its popularity as a lunchtime garden with workers from the nearby Old Post Office.

The park was laid out as a public garden in 1880. The Watts Memorial, a touching wall of tablets by the artist G.F. Watts, records the heroic deeds of ordinary men, women and children who lost their lives to save others. It was erected to mark Queen Victoria's Golden Jubilee in 1887. The hand-lettered tiles are by Doulton, the ceramic makers.

Share this Garden

Pin It Tweet email