Roehampton Club

Roehampton Club
More photos


Citymapper
Citymapper

Journey Planner

The gardens were laid out at the time of the formation of the Club in 1901 and, although many changes have been made within the estate, the gardens remain the heart of the facility with many of the original features.

The wooden clubhouse was replaced in 1969 with a glass and steel structure and both old and new features complement each other sympathetically.

There is an attractive vista from the back of the clubhouse, which leads through a sunken garden with ornamental pond to a yew-hedge walk and finishes at an attractive pavilion. Beyond a wrought-iron gateway is a rockery and herbaceous walk with seating bays featuring fig, roses and wisteria climbers.

A croquet lawn is flanked with attractive shrub planting and trees of interest. Returning to the clubhouse, there is the original tea lawn and rhododendron walk which finishes the trail.

Head Gardener: Steve Hutchens

Share this Garden

Pin It Tweet email