Trinity Church Square
(Photo: Colin Wing)
A formal garden square built between 1824 and 1832 on land belonging to the Corporation of Trinity House. Most of the houses, still owned by Trinity House, have been converted into flats. The church is now the Henry Wood Hall, used for orchestral rehearsals.
The garden, maintained by Trinity House and Trinity Newington Residents Association, contains one of the oldest outside statues in London, probably of Alfred the Great and possibly originally sited in Westminster Hall. The garden has been open to residents only since 1997 and has been well used since the closure of Trinity Street to through traffic in 2002.
- Sunday 11:00–18:00
- Music and refreshments organised by Trinity Newington Residents Association (TNRA), with kind permission of the Corporation of Trinity House.
Nearest postcode: SE1 4HT
- 21, 35, 40, 133, 343, C10
- Borough, Elephant & Castle, London Bridge
- Cycle hire station:
- Harper Road (Map)
- Public toilets:
- John Harvard Local Studies Library:
Saturday 09:00-17:00 + Sunday 12:00-16:00 (Map)
- Level entrance. Garden is mostly lawn.
- Working assistance dogs only