Highbury Stadium Square, known locally as Highbury Square, is a new garden at the centre of Arsenal football club's former stadium, which was based in Avenell Road from 1913 until 2006. The stadium was designed by Archibald Leitch and built in the Art Deco style. The football pitch is now a modern minimalist garden, comprising hedges and grassy spaces, with Perspex walls incorporating lighting and water features. This large garden now consists of the inner courtyard of the apartment blocks formed from the Arsenal stadium building. The garden is not normally open to the public and opened for the first time in 2014.