This formal garden square was built between 1824 and 1832 on land owned by the Corporation of Trinity House. The church is now the Henry Wood Hall, which is used for orchestral rehearsals. The garden is maintained by Trinity House and Trinity Newington Residents Association and contains one of the oldest outside statues in London, probably of Alfred the Great and possibly originally located in Westminster Hall. The garden has been open to residents since 1997 and has been well used since Trinity Street closed to through traffic in 2002. Most houses still owned by Trinity House have been converted into flats.